A globally recognised commercial executive with extensive, operational, commercial and complex large-scale business transformation expertise. Valued for innovative strategic thinking, ability to partner with business leaders and engage teams to successfully realise transformational and sustainable change. Executed several international transformations, post-merger integrations, restructuring and commercial transformations in leadership positions, transforming employee engagement, customer experience and business performance.
In 1897, Maxwell Becton and Fairleigh Dickinson founded Becton, Dickinson and Company with a vision to improve outcomes for patients. With more than a century of experience and our global reach, BD leads in patient and healthcare worker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories.
Beckton Dickinson EMEA
Director of Inside Sales & Go To Market Optimisation, EMEA (2020 - current)
Leading the creation and operations of Inside Sales organisation for BD in EMEA.
Medtronic Plc is the world’s largest medical device company. Operating in 140 countries, employs over 86,000 people and generated revenues of $30.6b (FY19).
Head of Go To Market (GTM) Commercial Transformation, EMEA (2017- 2020)
Created original position paper outlining the need to change and convinced executive leaders of the need to transform the commercial model. Invited by and reporting to the Executive Vice President and President of Medtronic EMEA, to lead the partnership with BCG, the businesses and regions to co-create the largest ever commercial transformation program for Medtronic.
- Awarded Medtronic’s highest corporate award; the ‘Star of Excellence’ by company CEO Omar Ishrak, for the integration, quality achievements and business results achieved with Medtronic Service & Repair.
- Led the ‘business critical' post-merger integration of Service & Repair department in EMEA that delivered a -40% reduction in costs and +133% increase in Customer Engagement.
- Awarded Medtronic’s Global Service Operations Outstanding Leadership award.
- Identified the business risk of existing commercial models and influenced senior stakeholders to initiate the Go To Market (GTM) commercial transformational program to fundamentally change how we do business.
- Influenced leaders and teams to use different approaches to shift the organisation’s behaviours towards an external focus, agile, collaborative and customer oriented ‘intrapreneurial’ mind-set.
- Implemented new commercial models reducing cost to serve as a percentage of DD&M by -1.5%.
- Designed and delivered end-to-end Customer Experience and engagement programs (NPS) in multi-country, business and function in matrixed organisations, resulting +400% increase in Customer engagement.
- Led the design and delivery of the commercial transformation program in EMEA and a key player in commercial
- transformations in Asia Pacific, ANZ and in the US.
- Led the turn-around of several commercial business units ranging in size 30/500 FTE $15/$90m, through structured approaches to changing mind sets to cooperative, collaborative and agile ways of working.
Senior Director Medtronic Service & Repair, EMEA (2016 – 2017)
Appointed by the Vice President for Customer Care & Supply Chain (CC&SC) to restructure and transform department from a decentralised multi-location/business department to one Service & Repair department with a compelling value proposition for the customer, business and employees. P&L responsibility with a team of over 500 people across EMEA.
Led the team that delivered the successful integration of the department providing business and patient critical solutions.
- Awarded highest corporate award; the ‘Star of Excellence’ by company CEO Omar Ishrak, for the integration, quality achievements and business results.
- Partnered with workers councils and management in multiple countries to close 11-locations without disruption to the business.
- In parallel to consolidation of locations, created new Centre of Excellence (COE) that resulted in a 52% reduction of space requirements, a 24% net reduction in workshop staffing and a 65% decrease in the hourly labour rate.
- Introduced new ways of working that enabled a 40% reduction in repair costs and 87% reduction in the time to get repaired products back to the customer to treat patients.
- Led creation and introduction of (NPS) customer engagement program, including the creation of a network of customer experience teams that diagnosed, created and implemented end-to-end value chains based on customer insights.
- Customer engagement grew by +133% NPS from +12 to +28 NPS over 18-months.
- Integration was completed ahead of schedule and delivered >$15M in cost avoidance.
- Wrote original white paper ‘Darwin’ that highlighted the new urgent need to address cost to serve and redundant commercial model now that Medtronic and Covidien were one company.
Director Medtronic Service & Repair, EMEA (2015 – 2015)
Using innovative leadership methods, led the design and co-creation of strategy with the new leadership team to create the largest single integrated technical services department for Medtronic globally.
- Led the successful integration of Covidien & Medtronic Technical Service with P&L responsibility >500 FTE.
- Created industry leading, unique customer facing service model and back office customer support through high engagement techniques that broke through silos and pre-existing ways of working in the organisation.
- Successful integration of business-critical enterprise and quality systems, minimising disruption to customers and business whilst in parallel building the new strategy for Service & Repair.
Covidien was an Irish-headquartered global health care company manufacturing and selling medical devices and supplies. In 2014 Covidien employed 39,000 people with revenues of $10.7b. Covidien was acquired by Medtronic in 2015.
Senior Director Service & Repair, EMEA (2013-2014)
Appointed by the European President to turn-around performance and transform from a cost to profit centre. A key partner to Vice President of CC&SC that developed the transformation program with BCG to address customer service issues, enhance logistic on time in full delivery and develop a new customer centric value proposition.
- P&L responsibility >300 FTE
- Transformation program delivered On Time In Full delivery to customer improvements from <50% to 92%.
General Manager Non-Hospital & Indirect Sales, Europe (2013-2013)
Promoted to General Manager for the Non-Hospital and Indirect sales for the Respiratory and Monitoring (RMS) business Europe. Developed strategy to grow in-direct and non-hospital business and manage our distributor partners more effectively.
Senior Director Commercial Excellence & MARCOM Europe (2012 -2013)
Recruited by European President of Respiratory & Monitoring business, to join Covidien to transform the Commercial Excellence function. Within 1-year created a fully integrated department including training, education and marketing communications.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies with products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine with sales in 2018 of $13.6b.
Stryker UK & IRE Ltd
Business Unit Director Spine & Biotech, UK/IRE & CMF Europe (2009-2011)
Selected by the EMEA President to turn around the Spine, Interventional Spine & Biotech businesses in the UK & IRE.
- P&L responsibility >30 FTE
- Using innovative management approaches, enabled the sales and marketing teams to unleash their innate ability to co-create strategy, collaborate on tactics and be intrapreneurial.
- The team went from the worst performing to the best performing in Europe delivering +20% growth in 2010 & 11.
Spine Franchise Marketing Manager, EMEA (2005 – 2008)
Promoted to lead Stryker’s marketing for the EMEA Spine Franchise, leading a centralised and a new networked team of in country marketing experts to support new business led organisation.
- Created and led novel approach to networking marketing teams across EMEA that achieved significant change in behaviour and resulted in execution agility.
- New approach led to first mover advantage and increased sales and market share in Minimally Invasive spine market.
SWISS SPINE INSTITUTE
The Swiss Spine Institute is a private foundation for the advancement of education in spinal disease states and therapies focused on surgeon education and patient awareness programs.
General Manager (2003 – 2005)
Recruited and relocated to Basel, Switzerland to lead a small team to design and deliver integrated professional and patient education platform. P&L responsibility.
- Implementing first ever via satellite live surgery teaching programs
- Created new sponsorship platform that resulted in long term commitments from corporate partners
Realestate.com.au part of the REA Group, is a market-leading online site specialising in residential and commercial property.
Area Account Manager (2000 – 2003)
Account manager selling innovative advertising solutions to Real Estate Agents and Property Developers that were used to advertising in traditional print media (magazines & newspapers) to an online solution.
INDEPENDENT BUSINESS OWNER
Owned and operated independent businesses providing property maintenance solutions and hospitality before. Successfully sold both businesses before taking time to travel and sail in Europe and America.
For more information, I invite you to email me directly, email@example.com