HOCR 2021 12 week Training Plan (12 hours)
- HOCR 12-week advanced training plan (PDF)
- For Masters Rowers that can invest on average 9.5 hours a week
- Peak week 12 hours – low week 7 hours – average load 9.5 hours a week
- Day by day session guide with duration & training intensities
- Include heart rate zone calculator (Excel)
- Race week taper plan
Designed by Bill Chambers, this is a dedicated training plan for Master Rowers, competing in the 2021 Head of The Charles Regatta, and designed specifically for the event distance.
This training plan has been prepared for Masters, that have up to 12 hours a week to train and prepare. It differs from the other plans in that this plan in that it has been designed for the experienced Masters rower, used to a higher weekly volume and and has fewer recovery days built in.
The plan is over 12-weeks, and you can start when ever you like. It includes sessions to test your peak heart rate, and set up your heart rate training zones. Every week has dedicated day by day session guide, and every week includes a recovery day.
The plan can be easily downloaded and printed and comes with my polarised heart rate zone calculator, to automatically set up your heart rate zones.