Really excited to release my follow up interview with Greg Benning. With 19 wins at HOCR, 4 course records, and 7 wins at SilverSkiff, I just had to get him back on the podcast, to share with us his approach to training and preparing for an event.
Anyone that wants to get insights and inspiration, into how a multiple champion athlete, prepares and trains to win, you will not want to miss this episode.
Some of the key points covered;
- How Greg plan’s his season to key races
- How Greg measures and manages his training volume, intensity and recovery
- Technology Greg uses in training and racing
- Rigging, catch angles and how to approach power application
- Key workouts and strength program
- What Greg has learnt from other sports and how these insights can be applied to rowing
- Coffee or tea? Coffee
- Racing or training? Training
- Crew or Single? Crew
- Favourite race? Head of the Charles Regatta, Silver Skiff & Heineken Roeivierkamp
Links to Greg’s mentions
To make sure you get all the latest information, ideas and inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter and join our community on Facebook.
This podcast is brought to you by High Performance Coaching in business and sport with Bill Chambers. To have a chat about your goals and high performance coaching, connect with me on WhatsApp.
Training Intensity for Masters Rowers with Dr Charlie Simpson – Faster with Bill Chambers
- Training Intensity for Masters Rowers with Dr Charlie Simpson
- Peter Hardcastle – Triple Olympian – Head Rowing Coach Imperial College – Strength Training – Mental Approach To Racing – Keeping Training Interesting
- James Goodwin – Head of physical performance and science for the Swiss Rowing Federation.
- Conversation with Anne-Marie Howald – U23 & Junior Team Coach – Swiss Rowing Federation
- Part 2 – Conversation with John Boultbee AM – Faster Podcast with Bill Chambers