Anne-Marie Howald is well know in the rowing world, having represented Switzerland at the 1987 & 88 World Championships as a lightweight, and now as the Head Coach of the U23 and Junior Squad.
In 2018, Anne-Marie was awarded the “Swiss Olympic Coach Award” for the impressive achievements of the junior national team at the European Championships in Krefeld and the World Championships in Trakai.
Anne-Marie leads the talent identification of young rowers in Switzerland, with the ‘Future Rowers’ programme that takes promising young athletes through to the Elite level. In this episode, Anne-Marie covered how she first started in rowing and how that love for rowing, and high performance, has taken her on her own journey to coaching and inspiring others. Plenty of inspiration for the listener, some ideas and tips on how to move the boat faster, along with some nice insights into her time training with the legendary coach, Harry Mahon.
You can connect with Anne-Marie via email: anne–firstname.lastname@example.org
This podcast is supported by, Precision Hydration, Bont Rowing, Filippi Boats and Citius Remex seat pads. For more information about our supporters, please ensure you subscribe to my newsletter to gain access to exclusive bonus offers.
Training Intensity for Masters Rowers with Dr Charlie Simpson – Faster with Bill Chambers
- Training Intensity for Masters Rowers with Dr Charlie Simpson
- Peter Hardcastle – Triple Olympian – Head Rowing Coach Imperial College – Strength Training – Mental Approach To Racing – Keeping Training Interesting
- James Goodwin – Head of physical performance and science for the Swiss Rowing Federation.
- Conversation with Anne-Marie Howald – U23 & Junior Team Coach – Swiss Rowing Federation
- Part 2 – Conversation with John Boultbee AM – Faster Podcast with Bill Chambers